Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Tatted Scarf

Like many other crafters and artisans, I have a virtual list of projects dancing around in my brain. This list is long and filled with highly improbable ideas. Occasionally I actually get around to something on this invisible list. Case in point, this tatted scarf. I've tatted simple scarves before, but I've never fell in love with one.

This design uses my "grand daisy" pattern. It's one of those designs that I'm pretty sure no one likes nearly as much as I do, but that's okay. I just started it yesterday & I still don't have the whole pattern worked out yet. I think I'll add a simple edging around the daises for the sake of good structure. The best part is, I've got enough of this lovely yarn from NoTwoSnowflakes to make one to sell and one to keep. Now for pricing....

In other news, I Finally sold my Goth Wedding choker. It was the first fancy piece I ever made. I used silk thread and crystal drop beads for the first time. It made it to the cover of Belle Armoire Jewelry and I feared it would never find a home. Now it's safely nestled in it's bubble envelope on it way across the country!

3 comments:

I Heart That! Dance said...

OMG! Well *I* love the grand daisy!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen that design very pretty!

Callooh Callay said...

Beautiful work! I love it all the more for knowing I could never in a million years do it.