Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm Back

Good Monday morning people! I wish that I could report that I had a wonderfully relaxing vacation, but I've come to realize that I will not be relaxing until the children are much older. Oh, don't get me wrong, we had a great time. The weather was amazing and the break from the usual schedule was much needed, but chasing a 1 year and a 4 year old around an aquarium for three days is a whole lot of work. I'm so exhausted that I think I need another vacation to recover from this vacation.

Well, back to business then. Over the weekend, a lovely etsian, Jess of LieblingDesigns began a new feature on her blog, Monthly Artisan Spotlight, and I was lucky to have caught her attention and am honored to be her first feature. You can check out the interview here. I was pleasantly surprised by her choice of questions that make for a much more interesting read than the stock artisan interview. I only managed to check it out on Sunday and I was also quite flattered by the comment left there. I'm consistently shocked to see people that I do not recognize, claim that they have seen me around and love my work.

Lets see, what else, well I was a little sad to come back from my trip and have no new sales to pack up. I guess I was a little relieved that I didn't have a stack of work waiting for me, but I had gotten so used to the nearly daily sales that 3 or 4 days with nothing has me all worried that my streak has been broken and I'll never get that back again. Of course a year ago I was happy with one a week or even every couple of weeks. I guess I've just been spoiled recently and I should chalk the consistent sales up to a fluke of timing. I haven't tatted in days either and even though my fingers are getting antsy, inspiration hasn't hit yet. I usually keep busy between new creations remaking things that I just sold, but since I haven't sold anything, I just need to imagine something new. Sadly, fish are not as artistically inspiring to tatting as you might think. Perhaps a net of some sort, oh I don't know...I'm so tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home from your vacation. I hope its a trip your kids will remember, at least there is gratification in that!

I hope you can rest up now & get a vacation from your vacation.

Love your blog.

Hyla said...

Haha, if you would have mentioned you were taking the one and four yr old, I would have told you it wasnt going to be a vacation!

They probably had a blast though and really that is what counts! Building memories!

~Hyla