Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Oh, How I Love Mail!

When I first began my blogging adventure, I spent a lot of time reading and commenting on other peoples' blogs. I suppose I had a bunch of different reasons for doing so, but partly it was very informal research. I wanted to write a blog worth reading. I would run down the lists of blogs left in threads at esty fairly quickly and I'm sorry to say most of them were not worth a second look. My free time has become a scarce commodity and I can't afford to waste time reading hundreds of blogs just because I listed mine in the blog roll call thread and it would be the polite thing to do.

There are a few that I return to when I get a few spare moments and those all have something special that makes me want to read again and again. It's not something I can quantify, they range in styles and content widely, but there is just something about the writing and the people that is engaging and real. When I do visit a blog whether it is for the first or fiftieth time, I like to comment. This is mostly because I have a big mouth and crave attention, but also partly because I like people to know that I've been there and I'm listening. I never assumed that a comment would pay off.

Okay, I know that this has been a really wordy segue, but I left a comment on the Girlscantell blog quite some time ago with a guess for a "how much change in the jar" contest. Apparently I was gifted with an amazing moment of foresight and I won. Yesterday the lovely postman brought me my prize. An exceptional and surprising collection of goodies was awaiting me inside. So, thank you Sara for your unabashed generosity. You made my day and I hope that I can do the same for someone else in the future.

Please visit Sara's blog and her etsy store, Girlscantell, I love her stuff, it is top shelf and she deserves the love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, thanks for the sweet words! i'm so glad you like the goodies!

twellve said...

just saw your tatting handiwork on fearless fiber's blog. gorgeous! really lovely stuff.

Waterrose said...

Congrats on your lovely prizes! I visit random blogs and comment on the ones that I like, but also have a select few, such as yours that I visit regularly.