Wednesday, July 9, 2008

See You All Later

I'm feeling very impatient today. You see, tomorrow morning is the start of my very short family vacation. We're driving to the coast to spend some time in the cool ocean air of Monterey. We do this every year, but this is the first time I've done steady enough business through my etsy store to actually worry a little about the break. I won't be gone long, so it's really not a big deal, but I'm still anxious about it.

I've made my vacation banner, figured out my little profile blurb and now I wait. I guess I could start packing and clean up the house, but instead I'm sitting here stressing out about the Internet withdrawal I'm certain that I will be suffering. I know I need the break, but this all has become so much a part of my daily routine that I worry about the horribly important convo I'll miss or the special order that just can't wait. I know that it can all wait and we all need a break. The truth is, it's a good this I'm going so far away or I'd be like so many others hanging out in the forums with their avatars advertising their vacation. That's no vacation...get off the computer people, seriously.

I've got a couple of new things to finish today and hopefully list and I have a couple of challenge medallions to mail out. I am going to make a few more medallions for the tatting challenge if you still want to join in. As the deadline nears, I'm getting really excited to see all the creations. It has been a great experience so far and I plan on doing more of them in the future with edgings or squares or maybe even snowflakes for winter. Well, see you all later.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Go! Have fun! You'll find all kinds of new inspiration if you let yourself relax and enjoy it. Sounds like you've got all the information about being gone in place and I know everyone will look forward to your return, but you DO deserve a break!
:-) Gina

Waterrose said...

Have fun on your vacation...come back refreshed and ready! I'm leaving for Colorado on the 15th and can not wait! Cool weather and snow!