Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Handmade Holiday Part 2

Yesterday I got my very last etsy ordered gift. I was really excited that I managed to get so many handmade presents that my family will actually like. I was really worried going into the holidays that I would have a hard time finding things they would actually appreciate and enjoy and there were a couple of people I gave up on trying for. For the most part it was a success and now is the hard part...waiting. You see, I really want to show off all these great things I got, but I can't. I have to wait until after the holidays because some of my family reads the blog.

This annoyance gave birth to a great idea I'm calling Gifts Exposed. Right after Christmas I shall begin posting all the etsy gifts I gave away and give each of their creators a little shout out as a thank you. I bought enough that it should take up at least the better part of the week. It should also provide a break from all my tatting talk. Of course I am now reminded that though all my shopping is well done, I still need to pull out all those hidden gifts and get wrapping. I really dislike wrapping gifts mostly because I have cats and kids that like to "help". Their efforts extend the wrapping time considerably.

I've got a couple of pieces I'd like to remake for the store today, but I'm officially caught up with mask orders. I did make a slave bracelet in black that I plan on getting listed today, but that depends on whether the kids let me take pictures later or not. It will only fit someone with a tiny hand such as myself, but there are plenty of us out there...I think. I also have to finish tatting my gifts for the SteamTeam members. I'm really glad to be able to give so much this year and I hope next year is even better.

3 comments:

Agent M. said...

Good for you for finishing up (just about). My sister & I are making a last mad dash run to the stores tonight... and then it's me, a Van Gogh documentary and a lot of wrappings & ribbon!

Happy holidays!

Sewicked said...

If your kids are old enough, really get them to help. Wrap the presents in newsprint. Write the recipient's name in magic marker. Then have the kids wrap the presents, using whatever you have on hand; packing peanuts, ribbons, glitter, etc.

TotusMel said...

I think that the 4 year might be helpful, but the 1 year old, not so much!