Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Done...For Now

Deep breath...they are all done. That's right, all the custom orders that had been bogging me down are now complete packed and ready to go off with the mail. This sweet relief gave me a small window to knit again. It was like turning off my brain. I don't do it much now, but there was a time when I was always knitting. My hands can take care of all but the most complex patterns without so much as nudging my brain. I got to the point in the scarf/wrap pattern where I start dropping stitches. It's one of those things that no matter how many time you've done it on purpose, it still feels like you're doing something a bit wrong, but as the pattern starts to slowly emerge, I'm getting excited to see the final piece.

I will stop with the knitting today in exchange for getting some of my pieces off the custom list and put on the ready to ship one. I certainly don't mind having a couple of things sitting there, but I think I've got over half a dozen right now and with the run that was all of them in a row, the prudent thing would be to get more of them ready to go. I did have one more custom request sitting around, a face veil, but I think I'm gonna pass on that one. I think that it might be possible, but I really not sure that tatting is the way to go with something that should have nice drape, you know? I'm going to leave it short today and get back to work now.

2 comments:

Anightgirl said...

I agree about the veil. At most a thin mesh veil with tatted pieces for decoration might look cool, but I can't imagine a whole veil of tatting.

. c h o k l i t . said...

I had some custom orders, after Maker Faire, too - and boy did they stress me out! But I got them done on time. I actually do have two right now but they're little easy ones, dandy garters. Where does my time go?