Monday, June 22, 2009

Knitting

Had a bit of a weekend. Friday afternoon, I received a call from my mother who needed a ride to the hospital. Turns out she had appendicitis and I spent the rest of the day calling and re calling all my siblings to share information on her slow moving hospital visit. The trip did eventually include a surgery and I even got to spend three hours with her Saturday morning waiting not so patiently for the doctor to allow her discharge. No worries, she's basically fine, but as you can imagine that event and surrounding issues precluded me getting much done. Then of course Sunday was fathers day and even though I am not in any contact with my own father, we celebrated with my father-in-law and my husband.

I did manage to finish all but one of my custom orders, so I took a little time for myself and knitted. I had acquired some amazingly luxurious yarn at a shop in Seattle and I'm using it to make a scarf/wrap that was displayed there in the same yarn. The patten is from Knitty.com, a fairly simple drop stitch pattern knitted from the point on. I really meant to get a progress picture to show you that I do in fact do things other than tatting, but I didn't get to it, maybe later today. I also hope that I can get my feather clips photos taken and the piece listed this week.

I know that's not much sharing this morning, but I'm still tired from all the sitting around, waiting and watching that I was doing all weekend. Here's hoping that this week is a little more normal and I can get all this stuff taken care of.

No comments: