Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Two Steps Back

Well, I can't say I'm really surprised, but yesterday was full of little setbacks. First as I spent afternoon nap time packing, I received a convo about a package that had not arrived. It was a piece mailed over a month ago and of course the delivery confirmation shows it as delivered just two days after I mailed it. It was a custom colored piece, so I tend to believe the customer and they have been given the option of me remaking the piece or a refund. I know that it's not my fault, but I always feel guilty when this happens. Lucky for me it has only happened a handful of times. Even though I haven't heard back yet, I went ahead and worked on remaking the piece anyway.

Turns out that I needed to stop packing anyway. We got a call later that evening from our real estate agent. Apparently the 2nd bank on the seller home, the same one that held us up for so long in the beginning hasn't gotten their paperwork done, so we need to file an extension until mid August with the first bank to give them more time. We'll be filling out that paperwork tonight, so fabulous right? It's not all bad really, at least we'll have a set date now and more time to sort out our house. We have until the 19th to get out of our rental, so hopefully there will still be a little cross over for comfort. This does also mean that I can do some supply ordering and keep the store open longer. It also means that I might be able to set the Wunderkammer redesign date, though I still need to talk to my design elf. Yes, I know that also means that my husband was right, but that, right there, is the only time I'm saying so.

So today's agenda is supply orders, mask tatting, Wunderkammer planning and no packing...see not so bad.

3 comments:

dalij said...

OOOOOH! That Rat is Smiling ear to ear. He Was RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

that_rat said...

I'll bask in the glow of my victory...minor as it is though. I do want this all to be done with...like yesterday.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I hate it when the postal service fails me. I had a customer that received her package but it was torn open and the contents lost. I always end up sucking up the loss to keep my customers happy.