Friday, August 21, 2009

A New House

Well...I am here, in a new house. It seems like it took forever and a day to get here and the things that are still up in the air are many. Even after we got the keys, there were escrow issues to fix and now that we are here the tiny things that must be taken care of seem almost overwhelming, but we are here in our very own home. That really hasn't sunk in yet, as if feels more like we're staying a hotel right now, albeit one with craptastic service.

We have no air conditioning right now and we're still trying to figure out if that's covered by the warranty. The back yard is off limits due to the enormous amount of weeds and those evil little goats head spur things. There is also a minor ant invasion that we appear to arrived in the final throes of...we hope. Boxes seems stacked to the ceiling in the garage and furniture that ought to be up the stairs lies in the front of the house, but again, we're here.

I fear that I will be less than conversational for at least another week, so forget about tatting. I want to get out of these boxes as quickly as possible so I shall attempt to stay off the computer. Before I seem to disappear again, go enter the Wunderkammer Giveaway. It's the last day and we're still 5 entrants shy of unlocking the last prize. Every name counts now, so I would love it if everyone would head over there and enter. It'll only take a few minutes, I swear!

Alright, I'm off for more unpacking and cleaning and settling in. Hopefully next week will be slightly less chaotic and I promise eventually to share pictures of my new digs, but I want them box less first.

5 comments:

Kate8085 said...

Glad to hear you are finally in!

Did some more tweeting for the giveaway today, gotta unlock that skirt!!! (I think the necklace would look more fabulous on me though. hahaha).

Don't get to lost in boxes!

squadratomagico said...

Oooh Congratulations! How exciting for you finally to have closed!

~Circusfreak

mica said...

Congratulations on your new house! I'm sure it will sink in that it's your very own house and you can do whatever you want to the walls etc. Owning a home is soooo much fun.

Sewicked said...

And diatomic earth is great to get rid of ants (& doesn't poison the kiddies or the pets).

Congrats on the house. Good luck with the unpacking, etc.

Sidereal Day said...

Heeeey, Congrats on your new home!