Thursday, September 17, 2009

Routine

I've not much for you this morning, except to say that some people are so nice. Really, all my whining about sales and a lovely twitter friend pops by with a small custom order even though she tats as well. It might have been small, but it broke the streak of no sales...hopefully I won't wait another 8 days for another.

The rest of my day was homeschooling and knitting a pair of fingerless gloves for my father in law. I had made pairs for all the men folk back before I was tatting every moment, but he has since lost one. Poor little kitten, can't have just one mitten...ahem, anyway, it had been so long since I made the first pair, there was no replacing just the one glove, so I'm making a pair. I'd forgotten how hand cramping my cast on method is with the small needles and how many small steps were involved with the fingers and whatnot. It other words, it's taking forever.

Then as a nice cap on the day, I got an email this morning telling me that I had helped inspire her to tat as she how found my video and she blogged her first adventure in tatting here. It is always really neat for me to see these first attempts. It reminds me how far I have come with my tatting. Though I know I've much further to go to reach some of the much more talented lace makers I've run across.

The landscapers should be back today with concrete pouring and I shall try to finish a pair of ankle corsets today...maybe. Or I might just work on those gloves again...oh and there's the laundry. Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing today aside from the routine anyway. Ah, routine.

1 comment:

Jrahn said...

You can knit me a nice cardigan..that sounds like a plan to me.