Thursday, April 1, 2010

International Tatting Day

Yes, I'm still sick. It isn't like I have walking pneumonia or anything, but I have reached the uncontrollable bouts of coughing phase. So, super fun for me. Today is International Tatting Day. It's not an old holiday, in fact I just heard about it for the first time maybe a year ago. The premise of the event if you haven't heard is to Tat in public thus exposing the art and apparently to eat chocolate all day. Well, I'm going anywhere today, so the public part is right out, but I will eat the chocolate, tat all day and I will make mention of the day in my version of public...twitter and here. So if you've been meaning to try out tatting, today seems a right pleasant day to start. If you don't want to tat, but you have a piece to wear, go out in your tatted goodness and spread the word that way too.

Yesterday was a fairly productive day, I worked most of it on the wrist corset I want to get made up so I can list it. It's still not done, but I should have it knocked out today. I did manage to clean just like I said I wouldn't. That's right I voluntarily vacuumed three fourths of the house when I could have continued to still on my tush. No, I don't know what is wrong with me.

I did get one new piece listed yesterday. I used one of the heart patterns I recently came up with for my super secret project that I still can not reveal. I decided to tat it a bit larger with the hand dyed gray, added a swarovski crystal to the tip and gave the piece it's own long necklace. I got it listed in the afternoon and by the evening it had sold. That sort of thing happens so rarely that it was worth sharing. I will of course get another one made up as soon as I finish the wrist corset that I will likely call a gauntlet or maybe bracer.

Well, I don't think I've got anything else for you today, so go tat and eat your chocolate... oh and avoid those pesky tricks and pranks today. Here's hoping I feel better when I wake tomorrow, or at least by Saturday, yeah that would be just fine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Get better and Happy International Tatting Day!
~TattingChic ♥