Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's Raining

I must have used up all my creative energy on Monday as I was just feeling production mode yesterday. I started with a necklace that needed remaking and after schooling was done, proceeded to debate my next move. Rather than make anything truly new, I decided to make another maille piece, only in brown this time. I decided to make just the simpler version, but attached with rings like the larger one. This meant I could just make each motif separately thus the stack picture. I did actually finish the necklace, but had no energy to take pictures.

I also made a pair of the earrings in brown and I did finish up the necklace made with the large medallion from yesterday. I originally hung it from a long chain as a diamond, but the piece is so big, the free swinging would just distort the crap out of it. So I shorted the chain, added a few little bead bits in gunmetal and was done. Again, I got no photos, I just did not feel like getting them done. I know I said I must've used all the energy on Monday, but I think it was this gloomy weather. I had gotten so used to being able to go outside and bask in the sunshine a couple of times a day, that this rain just sucked the life right out of me. Unfortunately the rain is suppose to still be with us today, so I may have to work extra hard to pull out of the funk and get these photos taken.

So the plan today is to fight the weather to get some photos taken. Then I have one necklace I need to remake. Most of my sales recently have been small or sale bits that I don't plan on remaking, so that's why I've been able to focus on the new pieces. I am however, ready for some good, big sales that I really have to work at. I sort of miss the feeling of a deadline...is that weird?

No comments: