Monday, August 6, 2012

Another Monday

It's never a good sign when I wake up on a Monday morning with a headache. It's a very, very bad sign actually. Of course there is no real reason that I should fret. It's technically the last week of vacation before homeschooling starts up again and I haven't managed to do anything spectacular with my extra hours. I caught up a little and made a few new and a few extra pieces to increase stock, but nothing that will take the edge off once the holiday season gets into full swing, so I suppose the summer was a wash for me.

The shop has managed to stay just busy enough recently to keep me focused on remaking things and answering messages. So between that and the snowflakes I'm determined to keep working on now, my schedule is full if not entertaining. The art project I was going to work on appears to be on hold as I've not heard back from the artist. This is why I never start working on something until the stone has been carved. I'm also expecting a few customers to return this month as I had several requests for wedding and costume things over the summer who said they'd be back in August to order. Again, I'm not holding my breath, just making space in my brain to actually accommodate them just in case they do come back. I'm not sure why I'm rambling on about all these little bits. Perhaps this is just a Monday morning brain dump to get everything organized in my mind so I can focus. Yes, that seems the most likely. I'll stop now and take something for the headache and maybe the day will only get better from here.

1 comment:

Mrs. Fink said...

Headaches are the worst! People can't see that you are in pain, and unless you have "the migraine" quite often, people seem to think that all you have to do is take two pills and you'll be fine...although everyone has had a headache that couldn't be cured that quickly, we all seem to assume anyone else with a headache needs to suck it up and move on.

Here's hoping your headache goes away quickly and that you meet with sympathy if it doesn't. :)