Tuesday, October 16, 2012

More Ears

Sometimes all you can say to describe a day was that it was a Monday. I was a bit overwhelmed with tasks, both tatting and housework and I don't feel like I even made a dent it everything I wanted to do. School is getting easier to finish as the kids have finally reached a nice even pace and settled into a routine, but I'm still not getting to any of my tatting work until after lunch.

Once again the kitty ear headbands reared their heads. I know I must have said this before, but I am in shock at how many of these I've been selling this season. This stack represents the last ones put together until I get my headband order in on Wednesday. At that point the plan is to make them all black and get ears made for all of them as well. It's exhausting trying to make them as they sell, so I'm going with stock piling. It's likely I'll end up with a surplus as this can't keep up much longer, right? Of course I'd rather have too many on hand than not enough. All this cat ear nonsense is keeping me from remaking a couple of big things, a mask and some ankle corsets, and I'd really like to get back to them at some point.

I'm also being kept away from playing with something new I got in the mail a few days ago. I am not particularly adventurous when it comes to thread. I've upgraded to better thread over the years, but I'm one of those people that doesn't like to mess with something that's working well. I find a brand I like that is easy to acquire and I become a damn loyal customer. Sometime though curiosity outweighs routine and I try something new. I ran across a shop selling organic linen yarn from Lithuania that looked much more like thread than yarn. There was no size associated with it just a weight so I took a chance and bought some. I did steal a few minute to play with it and it seems to be somewhere between size 10 and 20 which works out fine for me. It's much stiffer and less uniform than cotton, but it still works up okay. I figured when I crawl out from under all these cat ears I'll put together some pieces with it as a 'organic linen' line. I know that there are plenty of people that would appreciate that. I wish I could find organic cotton threads. It seems that the yarn market has plenty of it, but it hasn't trickled down to the threads that I've been able to find anyway.

So today I work on remaking and possibly more cat ears so they're ready when the headbands arrive. I guess Tuesday will be a little like a Monday too, that is unless I switch gears and play with the linen, then it might feel more like a Tuesday. Whatever that actually means. Well, I won't know until I start the day, so I'm off to it.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love the cat ears! I can see why they sell. I was wondering if there was a pattern for the ears?