Monday, April 1, 2013

International Tatting Day

Happy International Tatting Day everyone! As I'm sure I'll have to mention every year, this is not an April's fools thing, just an unfortunately timed holiday. Seriously Google it, it exists. To celebrate this holiday I try to do what little I can to expose tatting to a wider audience, to get a few people off the fence to pick up a shuttle or needle and try this lace making stuff or to just own a little tatted lace and appreciate it as the versatile and unique craft that it is.

To that end I am offering this classic looking pendant in any color thread I have on hand for the today only price of $5 plus shipping costs. You can pick up as many as you like, shipping only applies to the first one. Give them out, hoard them in every color, do what you will, just get one! This is not a limited edition design, it will remain in the shop, but at it's "regular price" after today or more precisely when I change the price tomorrow morning.



But Pam, you say, my name's Pam if you didn't know, I can tat just fine, why should I buy something from you I could clearly make? Even though I'd still love for you to get one, I understand, so this year I went one extra step with my Tatting Day preparations and I worked up the pattern for this motif, the cuff bracelet using it and the derived motif that makes a lovely pair of earrings with. This is also for sale, but at it's everyday price since it's already fairly inexpensive and it will also remain on sale after today. So those you can tat, go ahead, pick up the instant download pattern, grab some thread and chocolate, head somewhere public and tat away. Someone is always bound to ask what it is you're doing and there's another convert right there. Why the chocolate? Everything is better with chocolate.

If you can't pick up the pendant or pattern or even if you can, do me a favor and spread the word. Share this blog post wherever you share things, twitter, facebook, pinterest, tumblr, your own blog, wherever. Let tatting spread as far as it can today as Jane always says, Tatting rules the world!

2 comments:

God's Kid said...

Those are beautiful!!! :)

Vicky said...

Beautiful pieces & patterns! And what an entertaining post, too! Sharing! Hope the sales go well today! :)