Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Lazy Days

What a wandering sort of day I had yesterday. With nothing that 'needed' doing, I did a little bit of everything in a state of near lounging that can only be attributed to the heat. Once schooling was wrapped for the day I lazed about while accomplishing a little here and a little there, never focusing for too long on any one thing.

First I decided that I must get some tatting in, so I looked though the vintage Finnish book that has inspired me in the past and found an edging that I felt I could twist to my will. I made up a bracelet prototype, adding onto the design as I went. Once it was done, I posted it about for feedback and since it was generally positive I began on the final piece which I had already determined would need a few more adjustments. Of course about five rings in I realized that I had been miscounting picots and tossed the whole thing to the side to mess with later. Clearly the weather stopped me from a proper level of concentration, at least that's the story I'm sticking to.

I spent the rest of the day oscillating between the puzzle video game I received for Mother's Day and reading more Sherlock Holmes. I really have become quite determined to complete the cannon, sooner rather than later. I'm trying to read them in order and most recently I knocked out the novel, The Hound of The Baskervilles. So far it's the only one that hasn't been chronologically contained within the larger Holmes universe and the only one I was previously familiar with having watched the movie in school...the book is better.

So I'm hoping for a bit more focused of a day today. I will get the final bracelet piece made up and I mean to follow it with a matching choker since the measurements lend themselves well to it. If and only if I manage to stay on task and complete those two things, then I'll allow myself a bit more reading or game playing. Of course the weather promises to stay unseasonably hot so I may still be derailed by that. I will try my level best to stay the course and hopefully I'll have more tatting to show you tomorrow, at least that's the plan.

No comments: