Thursday, August 15, 2013

Another of 'Those' Days

Yesterday was mostly routine save for a teacher meeting in the middle of the day, but even that was nice and familiar so I'm starting to feel a little more relaxed about the school year. Don't get me wrong I'm still worried about the increase in work load for both me and the kids, but it's all doable. I didn't get any orders during the day though, so it was just spider tatting in the afternoon. Hopefully I can think of something else to occupy my time going forward because August has always been a slow month in the shop for me and I've no reason to think this year is going to be any different.

Every year I debate internally about whether or not I should mention, celebrate, or even bother with my birthday. Then I generally fall back on the old habit of at least mentioning it so that I can dull that 'I feel old' sensation with happy comments from friends. Of course I should be glad to be see as many birthdays as I can, but I still remember when I was the 'young' tatter in these parts and that just isn't the case anymore. Which is, again, a good thing, but I am going to still lament getting older until I reach that magic age where I can be proud of it. That exists right?

No special plans today though, except my standard birthday sale, which is 25% off in the shop with the code 'HAPPYBIRTHDAY25' because selling things always puts me in a better mood. Otherwise I still have kids to school and laundry to do and that feels about the same as yesterday. So here's hoping for something interesting.

4 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Well Happy birthday to you! and every other day of the year have a very merry unbirthday to you! :)

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

crafty cat corner said...

I'm 67 now and still don't like the getting old bit. My mind is filled with creativity even though the body is not sylph like any more. ha ha.
Just make the most of each day, you will not get it again.
Love your posts and work.
You inspired me with my tatting.
Briony
x

Meg said...

About that magic age when you're proud of getting older - I think I did have that, back when I was still young enough to appreciate it :) . But it passed quickly and I'm not proud anymore - just kind of tired.

Have a lovely birthday.