Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I Love Busy

It was a busy, busy, busy day. I guess you just never know when it's going to be one of those days when, after months of stagnant water, a torrential downpour occurs. Now, it may disappear as quickly as it came, but it gave me plenty to do yesterday and for a few more days to come at least. I hope I'm not being too vague, it was a day of sales in the shop.

It started with a cat ear headband, prompting me to get to work tatting up more ears and painting more headbands since I was down to the last two I had in stock. I tend to make them in batches. in fact they are the only piece I do that with. I make a bunch of centers, then I go back and do the second round on each, then the third and finally I sew them all to their headbands in a row. I would have made more yesterday, but more sales came in. There were masks and another headband, so I got to work remaking a mask.

I've also been fielding more requests than usual lately though I fear most of them will amount to nothing. They're things like, make this custom piece, but I need it to arrive in three days...not happening. There have been others as well with as equally unlikely outcomes. Those are always frustrating and I find myself flashing back to when I first started selling when I would have bent over backwards to accommodate any request no matter the amount of stress it would put on me. I don't do that anymore. I now opt for honesty and realism in my responses with little regard for how that might scare away a customer.

So today, I have plenty to remake along with a doctor's appointment this morning. So, I'm bound to be busy one way or another, all day long. The fun part is I get to take the kids with me to my appointment since my usual babysitting folk are out of town. They'll be fine in the waiting room, but I sure hope I don't get the stink eye for bringing them. Well, off to it then and here's to another hopefully surprising and busy day.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

yes you look busy now, I going to take a little break and make shuttles for a bit!