Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend Recap

Friday was a busy cleaning day as I prepared for more guests. At least I didn't have to cook as well. My mother-in-law took care of all that. Of course I was right back to cleaning afterwards because honestly, I've gotten used to the house being less cluttered than usual and I don't want to slip back into bad habits. The only way cleaning really works for me is if I make it a habit.

Saturday was mostly adventures with the family. There was the clinic at Lowe's in the morning to make a claw game, haircuts at my sister's house and then our normal running about and a family walk after that. At some point I did manage to tat up the matching bracelet to the most recent choker, that is getting less recent by the day. I was lucky that the repeats created a good length with no further adjustments from me. I thought maybe once that was done, I would feel the immediate urge to get both pieces listed, but I didn't.

The husband was off to a conference early yesterday morning, so our normal Sunday was replaced, by a slightly lazier version that included no tatting. In fact I used my extra time to clean out cabinets that have been getting more stuffed over the last few years. Then the dust allergies hit and I spent the rest of the evening a little miserable and tired. At least I managed to accomplish something...that no one will ever notice.

So now we have a fresh Monday ahead and I am going to make a real effort to get these pieces listed and get back to my tatting queue. There were no new orders over the weekend, so it's still just the mask and barefoot sandals that need making. I know I still have a month, but I'm also starting to brainstorm ideas for International Tatting Day. Should I just design another simple pendant to sell inexpensively along with it's pattern, or should I try something else entirely? I'm thinking about maybe releasing an older design's pattern, if I do that are there any requests? There are a few I will probably never write up for public consumption, but I really do have tons of designs at this point, so there should be something folks want that I'm willing to share. There's plenty of time, so if you think of anything, let me know! Now off to a new week.

1 comment: