Monday, March 24, 2014

Cleaning

Another long weekend, but not for any particularly good reasons. There were no great creation innovations, no large sales to keep me busy. No, instead we got new things in the post and I had to spend much time assembling and playing with them. The saddest part about this, is they were cleaning implements and I was excited to use them. Seriously, how sad is that?

Over the weekend I got a new carpet cleaner and steam mop. Both of mine had died just after the holidays, but they aren't exactly cheap items so I had to wait until tax time to replace them. Of course this means that things that ought to be cleaned often, weren't. So as soon as I got them, I had to try them out. Yes, it was a sad weekend.

I did tat up something, but it really isn't anything new. I used the new Twirlz thread to make up a pair of earrings in one of the patterns I often use. It was lamented that this thread really doesn't photograph well and I agree, it really is much neater in person. Hopefully I get them listed today, but it's unlikely that I'll make anything else with the thread unless requested. Maybe once they release it in size 10, I'll play some more.

I'm afraid I might spend more time cleaning today. It's a sad realization that as much as I don't like cleaning, I much prefer it when my house is clean. Barring any orders that take precedence over much of anything, I'm probably cleaning. So here's to a great big order for today, so I can tat all day with purpose and without guilt!



1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Some people are not happy with that thread and I have some and a project i have in mind I am rather curious what it will look like, thanks for posting it, and I too have more cleaning than I want too like mama always said "no one does it for you"