Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Either Way

Yesterday was nice and fairly predictable. Schooling was done quickly and we finished reading 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, which seems to have taken forever to accomplish. I think it's because in between all the glorious undersea adventure are chapters full of lists of sea creatures that span entire chapters named with their archaic scientific names. It's done now and we still have one more novel to complete before the end of the year. I'm definitely feeling the stress of this time of year. It seems as if there just isn't enough time to smash all the things that need doing into the next month or so. I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

I didn't get round to working on the little doodle again, instead I happily made up a pair of barefoot sandals that sold around lunch time. It was perfect timing really. The entire second half of the day was devoted to that project save for a few minutes for a project with the oldest child. She had decided that she was going to make her own cat toy. She acquired a long wood dowel and some ribbon. I was tasked with cutting the dowel shorter and drilling holes at the end. I think she hoped I would let her use the dremel, but I didn't see that ending well, particularly with a thin, rounded, piece of wood. Then she set about cutting and tying ribbons to it and adding small cat toys to the ends while I tatted away. I should have gotten a picture, but I didn't.

So I start today with no projects in queue again. I will try to get back to the doodle unless I get wonderfully distracted by a sale again. That would be my ideal day...distracted by sales. Either way, at least I know there will be tatting today.

No comments: