Friday, June 20, 2014

Done and Doodled

Ug, I don't want to start a day arguing. I asked someone to please not sell something made with my pattern. Instead I got a 'try and stop me', sort of response. She's right, without applying for something like a design patent, I have no legal recourse. Honestly, I just think it's rude to use a free pattern to sell something with it when the designer has asked you not to. Sure, I can't make you, but I can lose all respect for you and never be kind again. It was also pointed out that 'other' designers are fine with it and 'understand' copyright law. Still I know 'others' who are far worse than I and some with a litigious nature. I don't think it's going to take many more of these encounters for me to stop sharing patterns at all. Maybe I'm being melodramatic, I did just wake up to it. Yeah, I'm not going to bother responding, no one is changing anyone else's mind here.

Onto other things then. I did list the last few color combinations in the chain earrings. It ended up being quite a little rainbow of earrings. I think I'm also done with the chains for a while. The technique is really rough on my fingers.

After I listed the last of these, I doodled a bit. I'm not sure where I was going with this, but I think it's cute and I might try to grow it into something or use it as building block to make something bigger. If I was into that sort of things, I'd say it would make a nice basis for a place mat or table cloth. That's not really my thing though. My thing is taking patterns designed for those things decades ago and turning them into something else entirely.

Well, I think I've written enough to let the morning communications roll odd my back...for now. I've got guests coming, like I thought, over the weekend. That means a little more cleaning is left for me to do today. Hopefully something noteworthy will occur over the weekend so I can greet you on Monday without being whiny. That would be excellent.

2 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

I confess I did not actually read your blog last time and I thought those loopy things where pretty but no idea of what you were doing with them till now :) they are great earings :)

Jane Eborall said...

I ask on my web page for people to not sell work done from my patterns online too but some ignore it. Mainly I object because they're getting something for free and are then making money out of MEEEE and my hard work and time. If they'd bought the pattern or asked me if they could then I MAY consider it but ........ Know exactly where you're coming from.