Thursday, July 17, 2014

I Love Busy

I stayed pretty focused on getting my most recent order made as well as remaking the pieces that were sold in it much of the day. This piece was a custom color change. The original necklace was made in brown and brass, but the customer requested black. I'm kind of surprised that I had not done it in black before. Of course I would have likely used silver hardware instead of brass, but I think it looks nice like this as well.

I had very little time left over to play with the hyperbolic idea. In fact I didn't even get to try out the one thing I really wanted to. I should get round to that today. What I did work on was altering the pattern to see if I could still maintain the effect. This one seems to have worked, but not as well as I would have liked so it's back to the drawing board on that front as well. If you want to try out this technique for yourselves and haven't run across it yet, here's a link to the pdf by Patty Dowden. I mentioned yesterday. It explains all the basics plus specifics for a few different types of pieces you can make with it. I didn't read it in depth because I just wanted a starting point, but it looked pretty thorough.

I managed to get another overnight order that will need to be taken care of today before I can get back to the hyperbolic experiments. I've been busier than I have in what seems like months since I got back from the coast, I've been exercising more, and the weather has cooled just a bit, so I suppose I'm having a pretty good week. Here's to all this continuing for a long, long time.

1 comment:

God's Kid said...

Wonderful necklace!!! :)