Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Recap

Unfortunately I spent much of the weekend in 'remake' mode. Every time I got enough time to sit down, I was tatting up the sold necklaces while I still had one of each on hand. There was still the normal weekend stuff, family adventuring, Doctor Who on television, and whatnot, but mostly I was just trying to make certain I could get the last couple of orders in queue off this morning. That is exactly what I did accomplish. I still have a couple of pieces left to remake, but they are ones I have committed to memory, so I will have orders all out this morning.

Schooling finally starts up again next week, so this is my last week of full time tatting. Next Tuesday, it's back to part time homeschooler and part time tatter. Every year there is an adjustment period before I fall into the right routine to get it all done in the day without feeling that I've neglected something awfully. I'm going to try to use this week to start the adjustment process a bit, much to the chagrin of the children who, I think have gotten quite used to their free time as well. It's better than quitting Summer cold turkey though.

I am going to try and do something or capture something picture worthy to keep the blog looking pretty. Not certain what yet, so cross your fingers that the day brings some pleasant surprises.

No comments: