Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Annoyed

I had a rather negative reaction to the online teacher meeting I had to do yesterday. I know I shouldn't go into details, but suffice it to say that when you've been doing something for six years, you get used to how things work, so when a new teacher decides to add their own new policies that aren't standard and mean more work and unnecessary oversight, one gets annoyed. So unfortunately I spent much of the day annoyed. I'm sure I will come around to acceptance eventually, but it definitely put me off for the day.

I did get some tatting done, though nothing too terribly interesting. I finished the extra pair of ankle corsets. I sewed the cat ears I'd already made on headbands giving me two extras of those. Then I made another of the newer choker that has the macrame slide clasp.

Once that was all done, I went ahead and looked back at last year's holiday sales to see what else I might get extras made of and reminded myself that last year, my sales were abysmal. I mean really, really bad. In fact most of my sales during November and December were patterns. Not that I don't appreciate those sales, they're just very small dollar amounts and obviously they don't give me anything to make for the shop. I'll search my listings again today and see if there is anything listed as a custom order that I can get made ready to ship. Otherwise I'm done with that task and I'll have to summon up my creativity again and try to design something new. Of course I won't be able to do that until I'm less annoyed. So here's crossing my fingers that something new and good happens to pull me out of the mood.

No comments: