Friday, October 9, 2015

Arms

Though I did get a sale in my etsy shop yesterday, thank goodness, I had already made two of the piece that sold. This means that the sale didn't give me any reason to tat another. Although I might take a break from knitting today to do so anyway, just for the sake of tatting. I was just on a nice roll with the sweater I'm trying to construct. I took some time right after schooling to move the piece from one circular needle to two so I could try it on and lo and behold it fit well. I really didn't know if it was going to work at all given all the liberties I had taken with the base pattern. Really, the only time I was on pattern was the first 10 rows or so.

In fact I managed to get all the way to the bottom of the sweater and start on one arm yesterday. Of course it wasn't all roses, I didn't really like the bind off edge I had done, so once both arms are complete I'm likely going to rip back the bottom a bit and give it another go. I know I've done a loose enough bind off on projects before, I just can't remember which ones right now. I'm certain the Internet will provide all the answers. At the rate I'm working I might should have a wearable garment by Monday. That is of course, unless I muck something up horribly, which is a real possibility.

So I guess I'm going to try for some knitting, some tatting, and probably a little way overdue cleaning. Hopefully I'll emerge on Monday with more things to share.

No comments: