Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I Tatted

I actually got the small white doily done while schooling the kids for the day. While they absolutely need me with them, there are less hands on things I need to do for either of them. This means that I can usually accomplish something else as long as it isn't too distracting. I think the doily is going to work just fine for the crochet trees. Now I just need to decorate the trees a little. I'm not yet sure how I'm going to do so, but I'll come up with something.

I didn't want to work on the decoration yet as I didn't want to waste the tatting momentum I'd gathered working on the doily. Of course I had hoped that a sale would appear or that I would get some complicated and original idea, but neither of those things happened. Instead I had a simple idea and ran with it. I grabbed a ball of charcoal gray thread and a key pendant and came up with this choker.

I made up the piece as I went, but it's hardly complex. I just needed to make sure the math allowed for it to be the right length for a slide closure. I can't call this one metal free because of the pendant, but adding the slide closure meant that I was done without adding any hardware. The plan is to get this in the shop today and hopefully make another in a different color. Any color requests would be gladly received as I am dangerously low on motivation and every comment that encourages me to work on anything is like gold right now. I usually rely on sales to keep me focused and without them I'm a bit rudderless, if you couldn't tell by the recent parade of crochet and knitting. Crossing my fingers yet again for some change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would be really pretty in turquoise or red. I actually really love it in this grey, though.