Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Threes Snowflake Pattern

I had very little creative energy yesterday, so instead of trying to make something new, I decided that I would spend some time putting together the most recent version of my threes snowflake pattern for you. Yep, a free pattern completely out of the blue. It's a simple one, but it's also a really easy introduction to weaving chains if you haven't tried it yet. I hope you enjoy it. I also hope I have a better day today.

 Threes Snowflake Pattern

(abbreviations: r-ring, lr-large ring, ds-double stitch, p-picot, lp-long picot, cl-close, rw-reverse work)

lr 3ds p 3ds p 6ds p 2ds p 6ds p 3ds p 3ds cl rw
ch 8ds cl do not rw
r 4ds p 1ds lp 1ds p 4ds cl do not rw
ch 8ds cl rw
r 3ds join to 2nd to last p of previous lr 3ds p 3ds cl rw
ch 8ds cl do not rw
r 4ds p 1ds lp 1ds p 4ds cl do not rw
ch 8ds cl rw
lr 3ds p 3ds join to p of previous r 6ds join to p of previous lr 2ds p 6ds p 3ds p 3ds cl rw
ch 8ds cl do not rw
r 4ds p 1ds lp 1ds p 4ds cl do not rw
ch 8ds cl rw
r 3ds join to 2nd to last p of previous lr 3ds p 3ds cl rw
ch 8ds cl do not rw
r 4ds p 1ds lp 1ds p 4ds cl do not rw
ch 8ds cl rw
lr 3ds p 3ds join to p of previous r 6ds join to p of previous lr 2ds join to p from 1st lr 6ds p 3ds p 3ds cl rw
ch 8ds cl do not rw
r 4ds p 1ds lp 1ds p 4ds cl do not rw
ch 8ds cl rw
r 3ds join to 2nd to last p of previous lr 3ds join to p of 1st lr 3ds cl rw
ch 8ds cl do not rw
r 4ds p 1ds lp 1ds p 4ds cl do not rw
ch 8ds join to 1st ring, tie, cut and hide ends.

Woven chain

join thread to free picot of large ring
ch 8ds p 1ds lp 1ds p 8ds weave over 8ds chain and under next 8ds chain join to picot of next free picot
cut approximately 75” of thread off ball for easier weaving at this point
repeat chain 5 times weaving over and under chains as shown.

Like all my free patterns, I'd appreciate it if you would please use it for personal use, gift giving or off line sale only. I really do hope that you like the surprise pattern. I figured maybe after a little chain weaving more folks might pop over to my shop and pick up the Gothic Doily pattern to try some more. Or maybe they'll just be more tatted snowflakes in the world.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Thank you! I've been wanting to try weaving for a while now.

Adrian said...

That's very pretty, thank you for sharing it with us!

Bernice said...

Love it. Well done.

Unknown said...

thank you very much - i would like to learn weaving and you and your beautiful creations are the perfect teachers

Deana MacKenzie said...

Yay!!!!!! For creative energy!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!! Love your creativity. Early birthday for me. 😸

Madtatter80 said...

I have been out of blogging for a week love your little patterns they are so fun and beautiful must give them a try!

tigerfairie said...

I am new (only about a week in) to needle tatting. Thispattern lookedfairly simple. I hope my mind and brain work well enough with my needle and thread to recreatethis beautiful piece. Thank you for the free pattern