Thursday, February 25, 2016

Basket Stitch

I was having such a good time with the knotted lace that I even took it with me when we started schooling for the day. It's is ridiculously easy to put down at any point in it's creation, even more so than needle tatting, so it's easy to do when I have to stop and help the kids. It's also fairly simple to start a new thread with this whenever you need, but it's still nice to get a whole round done with one and this round was cut as close as humanly possible, I think. I barely managed to get the last couple of knots out of this, but I was so close that I had to at least try to do so.




That round was just the beginning of a section of basket weave stitch. It's definitely one of my favorites and I really have no idea why. I guess I just really like the pattern it creates. In fact I like it so much I added another section of it after I finished that one. I think after this one I'm going back to the basic stitch for a while to create a nice netted section before I play with another design. The piece is about 5.5 inches across at this point, so I still have quite a ways to go before I start calling the doily a tablecloth. That's definitely where I'm headed with this though. That should keep me busy during these quiet shop times and give me something slightly out of reach to attempt. So forgive me in advance for the length of time you will likely be subjected to my Armenian knotted lace photos.

2 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

It" Beautiful!

SWtrompeter said...

Very pretty. I look forward to seeing it 'grow.'