Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hearts and Other Tatting

Yep, another busy day. We started back to schooling even though we didn't have to and the children didn't even complain. See, I told you we were all done with laying about. Then I had plenty of work to attend to. I finished up the custom order I mentioned yesterday. Yep, these sparkly hearts are the order. They needed to finish drying and then they got ornament hooks and will be out in the post this morning.

Next it was onto remaking pieces from the order I had gotten at bedtime. It contained a bracelet, a necklace and a mask. I started with the cuff bracelet because the pattern for that one is not yet committed to memory. It's a little more complex of a pattern than my usual ones. It's based on a vintage edging pattern, but I mucked with it so much I can't use the original to make it anymore. Again, I am aware of how much easier I could make my life were I to write things down, but where's the fun in that.

I also managed to get the choker necklace remade from the order as well, which leaves me with the mask. I also woke up this morning to a tatted ring order that actually needs to be made. Of course rings take very little time to work up, but it's yet another thing to make and this week continues to bring me lace tatting joy. I'm crossing my fingers that the trend continues, but even if it doesn't it's been a nice change of pace.

1 comment:

louine said...

Glad business is picking up for you!